Hire The Best Local Movers In South Florida…
5 Star Rated Local Moving Company!
Are you looking for an experienced moving company in Southern Florida?
Six Star Moving is the most trusted mover in South Florida and Beyond! For more than 17 years, Six Star Moving & Cleaning has cleaned and moved thousands of homes and businesses around the United States. The Six Star Moving family believes in being more than just another moving contractor. We actively serve, volunteer and give back to the communities we serve. Six Star Moving is licensed to operate in states across the country and believe in offering the best customer service with a friendly face.
Get your free estimate today!
Six Star Moving can give you a guaranteed rate! Once we build a list of your items you will receive a guaranteed rate for you move. Imagine it, a company who doesn’t pull your strings with a great sounding estimate only to find out that someone out there didn’t have a clue about quoting.
Free Estimate Form Below
Getting a free moving quote is simple. Just fill out the short form below. Once we receive it, we'll follow up with a phone call to learn more about your specific moving needs.
We’re proud to be a google 5 star local moving company!
Moving and Packing Tips
Looking for moving and packing advice from the experts? You’re in luck! We’ve spent more than 17 years collecting tips and tricks to save you money and improve your moving experience!
- Make your reservations for movers two to four weeks before your move day.
- For large appliances be sure to check your owner’s manuals to see if there are special instructions for moving.
- Don’t try to get rid of your children’s favorite things before the move – even if it makes it easier. Kids sometimes have a hard time dealing with the change of the move itself.
- By law, a moving company can’t transport hazardous materials such as gasoline, bottled gases and other flammables, ammunition and explosives.
- Pack a box of essential items that you will need immediately after the move and make sure it’s the last thing added to the truck.
- Clean out closets, the attic, and the basement as soon as you decide it’s time to move.
- Make a “survival closet” of things for the last cleanup before you move out – broom, dust cloth, dust pan, mop.
- Remember to get snacks for move day.
- Schedule disconnect times for about a week before your move day — you don’t want to have to pay for cable, phone and utilities when you aren’t even there!
- Cancel newspapers, cable, pest control, cleaning help, lawn services about a week before the move.
- Mail in your change of address forms about week before your move date.
- Clean your stove before you move out.
- The day before your move, defrost the fridge.
- Make sure to get enough cash to get you through move day.
- Take time to say goodbye to friends and neighbors before your busy move day.
- If you are depending on friends and family to help you move, have a back-up plan if they don’t show.
- Avoid mixing items from different rooms in the same box.
- Use wardrobe boxes to make closets easier to pack. Clothes in drawers can be placed in suitcases.
- Use only small boxes for books. They get very heavy, very fast.
- Never use printed newsprint to wrap fine china.
- Always stack dishes upwards when packing.
- Pack important and sentimental documents separately to be easily accessible including: children’s health records, passports, family records, insurance information and photo albums.
- Remember: the heavier the item, the smaller the box.
- Don’t pack with food or supermarket boxes. You never know what little critter is hiding – or if the box will be strong enough to support your possessions.
- Don’t use used boxes. You don’t know if the box will be strong enough to support your possessions.
- Never use duct tape – use packing tape.
- Clearly label all boxes on top and side.
- As you take apart furniture and other items make sure to tape all parts to the main base.
- Try to pack all electronic equipment, like stereos in their original boxes. Otherwise use bubble wrap when packing these items.
- Start packing items you will not need ahead of time.
- Always pack and unpack breakables over a padded surface.
- Always tape boxes. Don’t interlock the tops.
- Don’t use boxes without tops. No tops make it impossible to stack properly in the truck.
- Use custom-designed boxes when packing fine china and clothing.
Over 17 Years of Happy Customers
History of happy customers for over 17 years. We have the highest repeat business & referral rating in the industry.
Experienced with a High Retention of Our Employees
We have an unusually high retention of employees. Many of our movers have been with us for years (4-8 years) and our Operations Manager has been with us for 17 years.
This is important for you to know because it is rare with any moving company. We know the quality of people that are coming into your home and have a long, successful history with them. We believe in taking good care of our employees, and they take good care of you.
Lowest Pricing in The Industry For Experienced, Licensed Movers
Lowest rates for licensed, insured and experienced movers. You can call all of the licensed and insured moving companies in the area and you will see that our rates and speed of service are unmatched.
Highest Reviews in the South Florida Doing Hundreds of Moves a Year
We are proud to have top reviews in South Florida. Our record of 17 years speaks for itself. This says a lot considering we do a high volume of moves each month.
Fast Service Saves You Money When You Are Paying By The Hour
Low rates combined with fast service is where you will save the most money when you are hiring local Southern Florida movers that charge by the hour.
It is very important to only look for insured Southern Florida moving companies. Six Star Moving is fully insured to protect our clients from and damage or losses during the move.
We Care About the Success of Your Move & Work Hard To Make You Happy
Caring is half the battle. Six Star Moving wants to do everything possible to exceed your expectations and make your move a success!